On Wednesday, 26 April, Mackay Conservation Group is hosting a free screening of the film 'Guarding the Galilee' at CQ University, Ooralea, and we really want to see you and your friends there. This film will inform you about the wide range of impacts that are about occur on our doorstep as a result of the Adani Carmichael mine. It leaves you with hope that together we can change the course of history.
Guarding the Galilee is a 30 minute documentary on the battle to stop the biggest coal mine in Australian history, Adani’s Carmichael project. Presented by Queensland born actor Michael Caton, the award-winning documentary team capture the raw beauty of Central Queensland, where Adani’s mine threatens essential water resources, our farmers and of course our already fragile Great Barrier Reef.
You can also take some immediate steps to help this campaign by:
- Asking your friends and family members to come along to the film.
- Forwarding this email to people who may be interested
- Sharing the event link on your Facebook mackayconservationgroup.org.au/film_guarding_galilee
- Watching the film trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c5h-A4IiNU
- Like and share Mackay Conservation Group's posts on social media so they reach more people facebook.com/mackayconservationgroup
- Make a donation to Mackay Conservation Group to help us meet the costs of the campaign to Stop Adani mackayconservationgroup.org.au/donate
Other ways you can take action to stop Adani:
Make an appointment to meet with your MP and share your concerns
Write to your local Westpac branch and tell them you don't want them to support
Come and be a part of the Westpac Rally on the 9th of May at 12:30pm at the Mackay city Westpac branch (meet at the Environment Centre at 156 Wood St at 12.00 noon)
Make and share posts that give evidence against the misconceptions of the Adani project
Looking forward to see you at the screening, (don't forget to RSVP: mackayconservationgroup.org.au/film_guarding_galilee)