Mackay Conservation Group's site scrutiny field trip to the site of Adani's Carmichael coal and rail project 31 August - 2 September 2021
We will be departing from Mackay Environment Centre at 6am on the 31st of August 2021 and returning together by 6pm on the 2nd of September.
- Take notes, photographic footage, and water samples from the coal mine and rail project area.
- Must be able to camp with limited facilities and bring their own camping gear.
- Are asked to contribute $30 each to go towards costs of food and fuel - simple main meals will be provided.
- Participants must agree that they are responsible for their own safety, their own equipment, and agree to follow our group norms of behaving respectfully to the land, and other people.
- Must not have been in a 'COVID Hotspot' within 14 days previous to the 31st August 2021, and may not participate if they are unwell or showing COVID symptoms.
If you agree with the above and would like to join the field trip, please RSVP today, and Sunny will get in touch with you to provide you with more information and to confirm your spot on the trip.