We are looking for a person who is energetic and self-motivated with a passion for social and environmental justice. You must have good interpersonal skills and work well in a team.
The position includes office and reception duties, cleaning, as well as technical and administrative support for campaign staff. There is a substantial component of website content management, fundraising, communications and membership management. The position may be expanded to include a greater range of responsibility. The successful applicant will be employed by the management committee, and will take direction and supervision from the co-ordinator.
Mackay Conservation Group (MCG) is a volunteer community organisation, and has represented environmental interests in the central Queensland region for over 30 years.
The principal purpose of MCG is the protection of the natural environment. Activities include lobbying politicians regarding policy direction, public awareness and education, research and advocacy for the protection of native species (flora and fauna) as well as the land, air, water and marine environment. MCG is particularly active around issues affecting our climate.
- Commit to protection of the natural environment
- Proficient with IT - particularly to develop and contribute to website content
- Experience with data entry and maintenance of membership and donations
- Competent with social media
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Organised and able to develop filing systems, and maintain electronic and paper files.
- Willing to undertake basic and routine tasks as requested
- Able to monitor campaign funds – from various grants and funders
- Able to exercise confidentiality and initiative, and able to work independently
- Hold a drivers licence
- Experience with fundraising
- Hold a certificate/degree in social services, environment, health
- Experience in admin, accounts, bookkeeping
- Experience in research
- Experience with application for grants
- Experience in design and production of print materials –pamphlets, posters, flyers
Wages will be calculated according to the relevant level of the Social and Community Services Award dependent upon qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
- Your CV (resume)
- 2 page written response to the selection criteria
- Contact details of 2 referees
to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Campaign Support and Admin Assistant’.
For further information, please contact the co-ordinator Peter McCallum at [email protected], or mob 0402 966 560.
Applications Close 16 February 2017