Part time role, 45 to 60 hours per fortnight, $37.51 per hour plus superannuation and annual leave loading.
Mackay Conservation Group is looking for an experienced person to help build our Urannah Dam campaign.
We need someone to help organise community opposition to the planned dam on the beautiful Urannah & Massey Creeks in Central Queensland. These streams have enormous environmental and cultural value. We are looking for someone with voluntary or paid experience in campaigning who can help us inform the public about the proposal and organise effective opposition. As a community organiser you will work alongside other campaign staff based at the Mackay Environment Centre. You will be assisted in this role by the Mackay Conservation Group Coordinator.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- identify, recruit and manage a team of local volunteers
- train and motivate campaign volunteers
- reliably and consistently record data
- engage in written and oral communication with members, supporters and the general public, face-to-face and through various print and electronic media;
- develop engaging social media material
- write media releases and reports
- maintain parts of the MCG website and social media platforms
- organise campaign related events
- contribute to and provide feedback on campaign and communications strategies
A position description is available here.
If you have any questions about this role, please call Peter McCallum on 0402 966 560.
To apply, fill in the form below. Applications close midnight Monday 2 November 2020.