The Mackay Conservation Group is currently seeking volunteers to help protect our natural heritage. We're meeting on Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84138714729?pwd=NFZEODAzYm5oTjBrS25EbVM1cFJaZz09
Our region has less than half of the proportion of national parks that the rest of Queensland has, which is why it's important to ensure that the land is used in a sustainable and responsible manner. As a volunteer with the Mackay Conservation Group, you can play a crucial role in advocating for conservation policies and protecting our natural resources.
We are currently looking for volunteers to investigate the ecological value of land purchased by the Queensland Government for the abandoned Connors River Dam. Your role will be to compile a report on:
- the key conservation values of the land,
- its location including bioregional information,
- the ecological connectivity value,
- matters of state and national ecological significance,
- regional ecosystems,
- threatened species,
- native title,
- conflicting land use,
- forestry, and
- any other issues of importance.